Since 2004, Cast It Systems has been the leading provider of online casting solutions for the industry’s major film and television studios. Now with the launch of Embershot (formerly FileTrack), Cast It is bringing the same level of innovation and ease of use to document distribution and management.
- The most advanced Cloud-based document distribution and management system built specifically for the entertainment industry that covers development, pre-production and production phases
- Securely share “read-only” documents with the ability to set expiration times and dates, restrict or allow further sharing, and revoke access immediately
- Developed in coordination with story departments and production teams at major studios
- Full suite of user account and document access controls
- iPad app allows users to read and mark up scripts and documents with sync controls to work offline and send annotations to the cloud later
- Set and include deadlines for reading the material with self-destruct dates that will automatically remove access to the material
- Access history available per user and per document
- Cast It’s infrastructure and software have passed security audits with multiple studio IT groups
- Enterprise-level infrastructure features multiple mirrored systems based in West and East coast of the US
- Document storage and foldering system allows user to manage their own set of files
- 24/7 best in class support via phone, email and IM
Cloud Based Project and Document Management — Embershot, much like casting industry standard Cast It, is an online script/document hub for studio story departments, production companies, or any production team. Using a web browser or our iPad reader app, users can upload, share and store their scripts and documents to Embershot’s secured Cloud network.
Manage Users and their Access — Embershot’s Admin Console allows system admins to add new users and to manage and control permissions within the system to set view only, print, download, and mobile reader app access to specific projects and material.
Upload and Store Scripts and Docs — Scripts, memos, notes and other production related documents are uploaded and stored on Embershot. Once uploaded any document can then be viewed from a computer and iOS or Android mobile device.
Assemble Multiple Docs into Packets — When preparing to share a document, you also have the option to assemble multiple documents into a single packet, such as a “Weekend Read” where multiple scripts are sent along with memos or
Create and Manage User Groups — User groups give the site admins the ability to quickly and easily publish and distribute scripts or “packets” of material including memos, notes and directions to groups of users. Within each group, an individual’s access can also be modified without affecting the rest of the group’s access.
iPad Reader with Edit Ability — Embershot’s Reader app not only allows users to read the material, it also provides them with easy tools to make notes, mark up pages and highlight text. All notes made on the script are automatically saved on the device and also on the servers that power the system.
Manage and Control Access to Your Documents — Admins can finitely control each user’s access across all documents, and/or with individual documents. Controls for enabling and disabling the ability to view, share (via emailed link), print, and store give admins full control over what their user’s can do within Embershot.
Security to Protect Your Content — Cast It has passed multiple security audits with IT departments with multiple studios. Whether its scripts, sides, breakdowns, or audition videos Cast It’s enhanced security measures and protocols ensure that your content stays under your control.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org